Saturday, November 21, 2009

What's next?

I seemed to get this question a lot this morning from my Team in Training buddies. What's next? Well there's the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving day. No, after that? Ummmm..... I don't have a clue, and to be honest it's slowly driving me up the walls. What is the next race? I've had many ideas:


  • Callaway Gardens Marathon or Half Marathon - it's in January, which seems to early, and all the reviews complain about hills. Umm, this is Georgia, and we do have hills. Besides Callaway Gardens is on a mountain people.
  • Tallahassee Marathon or Half Marathon - the first week in February still seems kind of early, but it's appealing because it's flat! And I have a sister and lots of friends down there... But it's in February....
  • ING Georgia Half - will probably end up running this one. I don't have time to do the full because I have to teach a violin class that afternoon. Dang it!
  • Country Music Marathon - this is one that I've started thing about more the past couple of days. It's not until April, which gives me plenty of time to get ready for it, and I've been told that it's not a hilly course. Might be leaning towards this one, but will probably train as an alumni and save the big fundraising race for the fall.
  • Peachtree Road Race 10k - I love this race!! And my time gets better every year. I'll be back as long as I get in :)
Hopefully I'll have a better idea after the 1/2 marathon on Thursday. Don't even think about asking what I'm doing in the fall yet. I've got some ideas. It's pretty much between 2 races, and I think I know, which one I'm leaning towards. That's all I'm going to say. You'll just have to come back and find out :).

Have a race suggestion?

0 comments:

Post a Comment