Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Amazing Notes and Tempo Tuesday

Several of my violin students played on a recital Sunday, and they all did really well! They didn't all feel that way. I've noticed a trend with several of my students. They tend to dwell on what's wrong rather than what they did really well. I thought one of them was going to break out in tears after she played Sunday. She didn't think about the wonderful sound coming out of her violin, or the fact that she got up in front of people to play, or that she completed the whole song from memory. She didn't see how proud everyone was. All she remembered were the mistakes. I have another student who gets upset when things aren't perfect, which actually reminds me of myself when I was her age. So, I decided that they need a little reminder that they are very good little violinist, so I got out some paper and markers and started working on a little something for their violin case. (I have a few more to make today)



I have something similar in my violin case, but I didn't move it over to the violin I'm borrowing from my teacher. I think part of it was because I wasn't sure I liked the violin at first, and thought about giving it back after my auditions. Well, that's not happening :). So today I'm moving my wonderful notes over to the borrowed violin. We all need a little reminder sometimes!








Tempo Tuesday is back on Tuesday! Honestly I hadn't really planned on doing a tempo run this morning since my hip and knee have been a little sore. So, I started out with the idea that I was just going to run at whatever pace my body wanted to go. It would just be a fun run. Of course I stepped outside to sprinkles. What is going on with all of the rain on Tuesdays? Of course now that I'm done running it is no longer sprinkling. Go figure. Turns out I had another awesome run!

Total distance: 4.04 miles
Total Time: 35:32
Average Pace: 8:47 per mile
Mile 1: 8:13
Mile 2: 8:13
Mile 3: 8:13
Mile 4: 7:04

I'm taking a little break from whittle my middle. I think it's part of the reason my hip and lower back are bothering me. So, it's back to 3 days a week of abs instead of 5 days.

1 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, great splits!

Post a Comment