Sunday, January 3, 2010

I deserve a treat

Do you treat yourself after a race?  My past "treats":

  • 2008 ING Georgia Marathon - shopping spree at favorite store
  • 2008 San Antonio Rock-n-Roll Marathon - long sleeve dri-fit shirt (finish shirt was cotton :( ). It's one of my favorite winter running shirts (it's fleece lined!)
  • 2009 Nike Women's Marathon - another long sleeve dri-fit running shirt
  • 2009 Atlanta Half Marathon - a new higher tensioned massage stick
So, what will my "treat" be for the 2010 Tallahassee Marathon? I've been thinking about this very question quite a bit over the past week. It's hard training for races in the winter (it's cold out there even here in Atlanta). Plus, I've been training on my own for this race. Just me and my iPhone on my long runs. So, I've been thinking that a nice "treat" might be in order. For the past 2 1/2 years I've been running with the Nike+ system, and I'm to the point where I'm ready to try and qualify for Boston. So, I've been thinking about getting myself a garmin training watch as my post marathon "treat."

What do you think? Do you have a training watch that you use? What kind? I'm looking at a couple, but would love to hear what you think!

1 comments:

Mary Ann Hawthorne said...

I have a Garmin FR 60, and I love it. I doesn everything I need it to do, including intervals (for run/walk), distance, pace, and calories. It also comes with a heart rate strap. It's a very simple watch to use and easy to set. It's also very easy to upload workout data to your computer. One of the best things about the watch to me is the size. It's not a bulky watch, but is lightweight and fits comfortably on my wrist.

Post a Comment