Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Right around the corner

Do you ever have that feeling when you just know something big is coming? You don't know what it is, or when it will come, but you know something is on the way. I've had that feeling since Wednesday after my audition. I don't know what it is. I don't have anything planned, but I just feel like something is coming that's going to make a huge difference. I have that feeling while I'm running these days too. Like something is about to sneak up on me.

So, I'm doing my best to get ready for whatever "it" is. My teacher and I had a great talk at my lesson Monday. He assured me that while there are still things to work on that I'm on the right track, and I am good enough to be a professional violinist (this is something I've struggle a lot with over the past year). He found out some things about the audition committee from my audition last Wednesday that made him really angry. Needless to say, I will no longer be doing that audition. I am starting to look for other auditions in the region while I continue to work out some of the kinks I have in my technique. There's no time like the present to get better!

I'm going through the same thing with my running. I had a fabulous time running the Big Peach 5k this past Saturday despite coming off a cold. It was a new 5k PR (26:55), which placed me 14th for my age group and an average pace of 8:30 per mile. Um, yeah didn't know I could run 3 miles on hills that fast. I got lots of great feed back from my Team in Training coaches, and I really feel like I'm on the right track with my running, which is really awesome since training for the Chicago Marathon starts next Tuesday!!!! Hurray!

Some of my fabulous Team in Training friends
Katie, Elizabeth, myself, and Lori

A race photo where I look like I'm running!!
(sorry about the super white limbs, I'm a morning runner...)

1 comments:

Jim Osterman said...

Can I tell you how cool this is? I feel like I have had the privilege of getting to know you at a time in your life where things are changing and taking you some cool places. Thanks for blessing my life....

Post a Comment