Thursday, May 20, 2010

germs, germs, and more germs

 I feel like I am always saying I'm sick. It all started a week before the 2009 Nike Women's Marathon. Enter cold number one. 8 months later I am still battling germs. I feel like I've had at least one cold a month. It just never stops. Part of the problem is probably the fact that my students walk in for their violin lesson and then cough all over me. Despite the large can of Lysol that sits in my studio the germs just keep winning. Maybe it's my body's way of telling me it's time to slow down.

When I walked out of the house yesterday I had every intention of doing my 10 mile long run. After 2 1/2 miles I knew that was never going to happen. I felt like I couldn't breathe, so I turned right and headed home. While there were lots of good things about the 5 mile run, but I was worried I was getting sick again. I wish I had realized before I left the house. I spent the rest of the morning coughing, which my stomach wasn't able to handle, and then a possible fever settled in. Not what I wanted. It meant taking time off from both running and my violin. My arms felt like they were made out of lead.

The good news is that after napping all morning I'm finally starting to feel better. No more fever, and no more coughing. I'm hoping that I can join the group for our 3 mile run Saturday. I'm ready to run again! Now I just need to get through 3 violin lessons this afternoon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment