Thursday, March 11, 2010

A fond farewell to Nike+

Dear Nike+,

It's been awhile since the last time we went for a run. I hope you're enjoying your new home with my sister. I think you'll have fun in Florida. We've done a lot together. 3 marathons, 4 half marathons, and a whole bunch of 5k & 10ks. We've done a lot over 2 1/2 years. Sometimes you didn't tell me the truth. Sometimes you didn't work like you were suppose to. Maybe you wanted me to feel good about my pace and how far I was running. We've had ups and downs, but now I have a new friend. I hate to say that I'm running even better with my garmin watch Clyde, but I wouldn't be able to move ahead if you hadn't gotten me in such good shape. I enjoyed the challenges, and the graphs. It's time to move on. Despite the fact that I enjoy seeing the mileage we've done together, it's time to move on. So thanks for the good memories, and great runs. I'll never forget them.

2 comments:

Teri S. said...

Aww, goodbye little fella. It's amazing what we become attached to, isn't it? Lovely post.

Jim Osterman said...

I sometimes feel that way about a great pair of running shoes -- especially if I wore them to a fun event. I try to send them in to be recycled into some else or to a place that sends them to Africa. I like thinking some gent a half a world away that is also size 12 is having some adventures.

Hey -- I'm looking forward to seeing you soon I hope.....

Post a Comment