Thursday, October 8, 2009

"The Hay is in the Barn"


This is one of my favorite parts of Team in Training, the rewards! Now, I love raising money to beat cancer. I love running, but the countdown meeting when we get our travel information, event weekend schedule, party tickets, and the shirts!! I remember how much I wanted one of the purple Team in Training shirts before joining. Personally I just think they are really cool. Now I have two of them! We have a shirt of every occasion on our trip. One for the race, one for the pasta party, and one for the flight over (and it's green!!!!! my favorite :) ). It certainly makes packing much easier :)



I didn't run yesterday because I still feel a little under the weather and it was raining and thundering, which didn't seem like a good combination for someone who is sick and has a big race next week. So, I put off my 10 mile run until this morning instead of doing just 5 miles like the schedule said. I know that it's not smart to cram miles, but I wanted to the 10 mile run. It's the last double digit run before the race and I felt like that was the better thing to do. Yes, I know that "the hay is in the barn." (can't believe I missed the meeting and didn't get to hear Tommy's "hay is in the barn" speech this time). I haven't been feeling well, and I'm a little nervous. Well actually I'm exhausted, emotionally exhausted anyways. There are a lot of things going on that are pulling me down. I'm trying to look on the positive side of things. For example, I'm running a race that I've waited 2 years to do in just 10 MORE DAYS!!! I'm pretty excited about that. Or how about the fact that I have run over 570 miles training for the race and haven't gotten injured. That's pretty awesome too. Anyway, I just can't keep pushing myself, so I've taken the afternoon off of practicing and have spent my time napping and taking lots of vitamin C. Got to get rid of the germs!! This Saturday is going to be our very last group training session. I can't believe it's here already. It seems like we just started this journey yesterday...

0 comments:

Post a Comment