Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The final tempo run

I can't believe that this morning was my final tempo run before the race next week. What?!!! Next week?!!!! I cannot believe that I am finally getting to run a race that I've been waiting to do for 2 years! I'm going to the Team in Training offices on my way to work to pick up my race day apparel and travel information. Someone seriously needs to pinch me!

This morning's run went much better than expected, and to be honest I wasn't expecting much. I was pretty sick over the weekend and I don't think I've quite kicked all of the germs out of my system. So, I just let my body do whatever it could handle. I was pretty impressed. I did have to take a short walk break after the second hill, but overall I'm pretty pleased. I don't know that I'm going to be able to hold this pace for the race. I'm going to think positive. As someone said on Saturday, it is what it is. The good news is that my right knee doesn't seem to be bothering me any more. It apparently was a combination of tight muscles and changing my stride when I run slower on Saturdays. It hasn't been a lot of fun, especially since it was really bothering me this past Saturday, but it's really happy during the week when I using my normal stride. Form is important people!!

Total Distance: 4.13 miles
Total Time: 36:22
Average Pace: 8:48 per mile
Mile 1: 8:13
Mile 2: 8:13
Mile 3: 8:13
Mile 4: 7:03 (got to love a downhill finish =) )

I'm really excited today because my studio's website officially has it's own domain!! And it's uploaded and published already!! You can check it out at: http://www.gartleyviolinstudio.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment