Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nutella & Tempo Run


Oh, Nutella how I love you!!!! I rediscovered Nutella back in June on a family vacation to Italy. There is nothing like starting your day with a little Nutella =). I had some for dessert Friday night before my awesome 18 mile run, so I decided at the grocery store on Sunday to splurge on a jar. That beautiful jar cost almost $10. So, it is hidden away from the rest of the family because I'm scared it could be gone in a week if others are allowed to enjoy it as well. So far I've discovered it's great on pretzels and toast!

It's tempo run Tuesday. The first half of my run was great!! Unfortunately my right calf cramped up on me half way through mile 3. So, I stopped and walked for a little bit, and iced it when I got home. Around lunch time yesterday I realized that I had done a very poor job of stretching since Saturday's run, but I still didn't do anything about it. Lesson learned!! Stretching has made such a difference in my training this time around! I've really started getting into yoga, and have made strength training a big priority. I'm tired of getting hurt, and I'm ready to start working on speeding up. I did decide to skip lunges and squats today and just do some core and arm strengthening. No since in pushing my calf. We'll see how it does today and then make a decision about tomorrow's run. I'm sure being on my feet for so long yesterday didn't help anything either. So here's the low down:

distance: 4 miles
total time: 36:47
average pace: 9:11
mile 1: 8:13
mile 2: 8:13
mile 3: 8:13
mile 4: 9:52

Also here's a link to one of my favorite core workouts from one of my favorite blogs:

And my favorite post run 15 yoga flexibility stretches are available on iTunes:
Yoga for Runners: Express Flexibility Workout with Kimberly Fowler

0 comments:

Post a Comment