Monday, August 3, 2009

Running lessons

Oh the things I learned this morning on my run. Let me count them =). I decided to go ahead and get my long run for the week out of my way since I’m off to D.C to visit family and friends this weekend. So, I got up at 5:45am to run my 8 miles. I learned a lot this morning. For instance:

  1. You can’t see fog in the dark. A slight problem because it was really dark, and I apparently was running to fast in the fog I couldn’t see.
  2. Apparently Cardiac Hill is easier to run up after you have run up the hill on Jett Road (I can’t believe I just said that Cardiac hill was easy. What am I thinking…)
  3. My favorite flavor of Nuun is citrus fruit (check it out at www.nuun.com)

Now the rest of the day is for taking my car out to get the sunroof fixed (grrr, storms + rotting tree branch = hole in wallet), and practicing for auditions, which I have to say is going really well. Only problem is that I’m not going to be able to practice for 5 days and I have a lesson a week from Tuesday. I can do this!!!! Oh, and I’m really trying not to go running in my new shoes. It’s so hard!!!! I could tell on my run this morning how badly I need the higher arch supports. It just means my runs after I start using them are going to be wonderful!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment