So what's so great about strength training?
- Posture, posture, posture! If you can't stand up straight it's going to start hurting at some point. It's the sad reality and one of the primary reasons I got hurt in high school right before all of my college auditions (can you say really bad timing!!). Even the smallest adjustment, or strengthening can make a difference
- Those push ups sure do make my arms stronger! Which is a really good thing cause I have all of these audition excerpts that require the bow to bounce, which needs some serious arm strength when you on the 5th one and still have 5 more to go...
- Musicians are like athletes. Don't want to get injured? Get those muscles stronger and make sure you're using them the right way!! (same goes for runners)
- Are you tired after that 3 hour rehearsal or concert? You have to hold that instrument up some how...
- Hills? What hills? (okay this is clearly a running one)
- You'll be ready when you end up in a push up contest with a 7 year old!