Friday, July 10, 2009

A blog is born

So, I've actually thought of starting a blog for some time now. I use to have something that kind of acted like a blog. It no longer exist :(, which is fine, because now I can start something new and fun. Part of me has thought about keeping a running journal (I read a couple online), or posting fun recipes that people keep asking for, or just writing. Why not do all of that? So here it is in all of it's new glory. I'm very excited.

So far today has been quite busy. I'm still a little sore from a yoga workout yesterday so I started out easy by starting to clean some of the items for the Team in Training yard sale the Nike team is having next weekend. I think it's going to be awesome!! Mom and I spent an hour down in my parent's basement Thursday afternoon going through and pulling stuff that they don't want anymore. We pulled some great stuff, just a little dusty! And that's okay because I still have a week and get everything nice and shiny and beautiful for the yard sale.

I did manage to practice some this afternoon too despite having sore shoulders. I have two auditions coming up, one of which I don't have any music for yet (which reminds me I need to e-mail them as a follow up). One of the auditions is a retry from a recent audition that I bombed. It really was awful, and it's taken me many weeks to get over it. The good news is that I'm playing the excerpts better than ever!! It's amazing what happens when you relax a little bit (I was so uptight before the audition and so overwhelmed). The violin my teacher is letting me borrow helps a lot too. It's better than mine. Hopefully once I start getting more work I can start saving for a new one of my own. So, I worked on my audition excerpts for a couple of hours.

That's it for now. I'm making sweet potato waffles for dinner tonight, which are totally awesome and super yummy!! And then tomorrow morning is our Team in Training nutrition clinic followed by a 6 mile run (which isn't going to start until at least 9am, which for those who live in the south know, it's not such great fun this time of year).

0 comments:

Post a Comment