Friday, November 5, 2010

I am Thankful for: Friends

I went and voted on Tuesday, and afterwards I made a stop at Starbucks before heading to work, and found this:


My first reaction was, "Christmas cups already?" (yes, I actually said that out loud) I remember the first TV ads for Christmas starting back in July. Perhaps you don't remember, but there's this little holiday called Thanksgiving in between Halloween and Christmas here in the U.S. It actually happens to be my favorite holiday for several reasons. There always seems to be a race, loads of great cooking, and at the end of the day you get to sit down with family and share a meal. I understand that this might not be the same reaction everyone has to Thanksgiving. Some might find sitting down with family hard or painful, and I understand that not everyone feels the same way about the holiday that I do. Over the last several years I have become very thankful of the blessing and people that have come into my life. So, instead of just making a list this year, I thought I would take a little time to reflect, and express gratitude for the things, and people who have touched me this year.

Friends:
I realize time and time again that I have some really awesome friends!
  • Angela Hansberger - I love how you find the beauty in small things, like the fog at the river. You make me think about the way I look at things & to find beauty everywhere. And thanks to you I have new respect and love for bacon :-)
  • Amy Fingerhut - To be honest I don't know where to start :-). Thank you for helping me find my own potential, for answering questions, and your honest opinions. I feel fortunate to call you friend, and grateful that I now know where all the best burger & cupcake locations are :-)
  • Mallory, Kim, & Betty - you are strong, wonderful, funny, amazing women who didn't let a little thing like cancer get in your way. You inspire me, and I feel privileged to call you friends!
  • Jaclyn - How can you go wrong with someone who runs the same pace and likes to eat! :-) In some ways I feel like we have known each other longer than 5 short months. Thanks for letting me hang with you
  • Laura S. - Your encouragement & support has meant so much! You've taught me how cool our side of town is, and that cheese dip is pretty awesome. I laugh when you run a route that I finished an hour before hand, and can't thank you enough for sharing Stephanie.
  • Tim L. & Ken K. - Thanks for all of the support, encouragement, and coaching "tips."
  • Jim & Carol - I get excited every time I see you! You make me smile, and there is no better way to start a run than with a hug from either or both of you!
  • Lori & Angela Holder - You remind me that running is fun, especially when it's followed by one of our breakfast outings to Highland Bakery!
  • to my friends on dailymile - I think dailymile is one of the best things I've ever found! All of the support & encouragement truly keeps me going.
  • to my Team in Training teammates - So many of you are like family to me now. I can't imagine running without seeing you. Things are not quite the same when I miss a GTS, although one might argue I'm not the same after a GTS depending on the topic of conversation during the run...
  • I have met some pretty great folks through twitter. It's one of the first things I check when I get up, and any chance I get during the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment