Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's taper time

The race taper is an interesting monster. All of the hard training is done and it's time to rest and recover so that the body is ready for race day. Rest at the moment is not a problem. For the second marathon in a row I am sick after my 20 mile run. I'll spare the ugly details. I have not done much over the past couple of days. The good news is that my low fever seems to be gone and even though my chest is heavy and I'm super tired I feel like I'm headed uphill. Hopefully, I'll be back to running later in the week. I'm itching to go, but I know it's more important to rest and get rid of the germs! I actually canceled all of my violin lessons (only the second time for being sick) today. Hopefully I'll be back and moving Wednesday. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment